Back in time to Byron Bay
After I finished high school, I wanted to get out into the world. I had always felt drawn to Australia’s beauty, sense of freedom, space, natures diversity, the fact that it was so far away.
I travelled around the country for 8 months and one of my favourite places was laidback Byron Bay, 750 km north of Sydney where hippies live alongside surfers. Street musicians, art, handmade jewellery, colourful clothes all add up to the special Byron Feeling.
Byron Bay is one of the most popular places on the East Coast with 30 kilometres of long sandy beaches. Byron has 9 different beaches to try out surfing, the most popular one is ‘The Pass’ right next to the lighthouse. For beginners, it might be best to try their luck at ‘The Wreck’. The waves are less strong, a good spot to get more comfortable with the sea.
10 things to do in Byron Bay
- Walk to Cape Byron lighthouse
- Check Mount Warning Rainforest
- Surf with dolphins
- Have a coffee at Folk
- Visit Byron Farmers Market
- Beer tasting at Byron Bay Brewery
- Watch the sunset at the main beach
- Shop Vintage: Second loves, Ghostwood Vintage Emporium
- Explore Byron by bike
- Go on a little road trip to Nimbin and Noosa